Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Food...Yum!!

Short posts this week, as I'm busy getting ready for the holidays!  I just wanted to share a few recipes with you that would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving feast!  One of my favorite sides growing up was cheese corn (or some call it scalloped corn).  The only time I ever make it is for a holiday meal and my mouth is watering just writing about it!

Cheese Corn

1 can creamed corn
2 T. sugar
2 T. flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. diced Velveeta cheese
2 beaten eggs

Mix in order given.  Bake in greased casserole uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.

*This is easily doubled or tripled!

It seemed that my mom always had frozen fruit salad in our freezer growing up.  It's a yummy sweet side dish that is usually loved by adults and children alike!  You can make these ahead of time and pull them out when needed.

Frozen Fruit Salad

8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
Small or large can crushed pineapple, drained
10 oz. strawberries and juice
8 oz. Cool-Whip

Beat cream cheese and sugar.  Add drained pineapple and strawberries.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Put in cupcake wrappers or pan and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment