Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Series Part 2: Advent Activities

For the past several years, many moms in one of my mom's groups have done an advent calendar and different activities for each day.  To date, we have never done more than open a window on the calendar or move the candy cane on our snowman.  I thought I'd take the plunge and get creative this year.  I do not have a cute calendar to use, but found an idea on Pinterest to make bags for each day and put a surprise in each one.  I may cheat and reuse my bags and my tags won't be nearly as cute, but the kids will still love it I'm sure!

This is the list of surprises I have decided to include in their bags this year.  We'll see how it goes and I may tweak it next year!  I think it sounds like a lot of fun and I hope the kids enjoy it!


Advent Bags

1.    Watch the Polar Express
2.    Make cut-out cookies
3.    Wreath craft
4.    Candy
5.    Write letter to Santa
6.    St. Nicholas Day:  Christmas shirts and coloring books
7.    Christmas CD (Laurie Berkner) and go look at lights
8.    Watch Charlie Brown Christmas and have popcorn
9.    Cut down Christmas Tree and Food Basket Donation
     10.   Christmas book and read by the fire
     11.   Make a Santa puppet
     12.   Make and send cards to those on the church list
     13.  Candy
     14.  Pizza and hot chocolate
     15.  Make cinnamon ornaments and Snowman movie
     16.  Toys for Tots drop-off
     17.  Christmas stickers
     18.  Christmas shape grilled cheese and tomato soup dinner
     19.  Make grandparent gifts    
     20.  Picnic by the tree  
     21.  Read Christmas stories by the fire with flashlight
     22.  Decorate gingerbread cookies 
     23. Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa’s house
     24. Gingerbread pancakes and Christmas at Grandma   
           Great’s
     25. Christmas at home!!
    
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment