Sunday, November 18, 2012

Busy Week? Make-ahead Dinner Option

With Thanksgiving approaching, I'm sure the week will be busy for many of you.  I am looking forward to seeing our little Thumper tomorrow, as we have our twenty week ultrasound.  We are going to take our two older kiddos along so they can "see" the baby.  We haven't told them yet, but I think they'll be excited!  I'm also kicking off some holiday baking this weekend, both to freeze and to take to Thanksgiving.  I love this time of year!

In case you are short on time this week, I wanted to share a delicious chicken casserole recipe with you that can be made ahead of time and popped in the oven an hour before dinner.  I received this as a Mommy Meal when we had our daughter and it's been a keeper!

Cheesy Chicken and Noodle Casserole

2-3 cups cooked chicken (I usually use two chicken breasts and make that enough)
2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. package uncooked macaroni rings (I buy Barilla Cellentani)
1 tsp. chopped onion (I omit)
2 c. milk
1/2 t. salt
*add peas and/or mushrooms if your family likes them!

Mix all ingredients together and put in a 9x13 pan; refrigerate at least 6 hours; bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment