Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Muffins...I Love Muffins!

I have another muffin recipe to share with you for a breakfast idea.  While it is fairly healthy, it does contain some chocolate chips.  My neighbor was poking fun at me and my love of chocolate chips, but what can I say, I love them!!!  This is one of my favorite new recipes I discovered this summer.  Our local grocery store had a great sale on bananas, so I bought a bunch so I can make a few more batches to freeze this week.  Enjoy!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. vanilla or french vanilla yogurt
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. bananas (mashed ripe)
3/4 c. milk chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl combine egg, oil, yogurt, and vanilla.  Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.  Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.  Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.  Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to put on wire racks.


No comments:

Post a Comment