Monday, October 8, 2012

If Life Wasn't Busy Already...


This is the big news we shared with everyone today!  Our life is busy and chaotic on an everyday basis, so why not add another little one to the mix?  Most people will think we're crazy, (and trust me, there are days we think we may be and the baby isn't even here yet!) but we always wanted a big family and in about six months we'll be a family of six.  

While I am excited about the addition of another little one, I am also nervous.  Our oldest son was very excited to hear the news.  He immediately wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl and what the name would be.  He'll have a long time to wait to find out those answers.  We don't find out the sex of the baby and often don't have a name right away once they're born.  He gave us some wonderful suggestions, though:  Carlos or Pilot for a boy and Sweet, Sparkle, or Laura for a girl.  Bless his heart.  The Princess was pretty impartial about the whole thing.  She says she is happy and excited, but I don't think she really grasps the concept yet.  She is already asking how old the baby is and how it will get out of my tummy.  The best line was, "Through your mouth?"  

The little guy is oblivious.  He was much more interested in the camcorder than the actual news.  I am glad we recorded the moment, because the reaction from our oldest guy was funny.  Moments like these are meant to be recorded!

Over the course of the next six months, I am sure to spend hours fretting about how life will be with four kids six (barely) and under.  I know it will be difficult, but I look forward to seeing my kiddos bond with this new baby.  They are quite the crew already and keep us on our toes.  I think they'll welcome this little one with open arms (most of the time) and before we know it the little one will be following them all over.  I love seeing how much they learn from each other and the way they express their love for one another.  Big families aren't for everyone, but I am thrilled that we have chosen that path.  There won't be much downtime for many years to come, but we'll have many wonderful memories to share when we have time to sit down, relax, and sleep again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment