Monday, October 22, 2012

Comfort Food for a Dreary Monday

While it may be warmer outside, the day is so dreary it doesn't matter.  Today is a very busy Monday for me.  I am prepping for my classes this week (and am just about done!), planning for a big Halloween party we are hosting this weekend, and coordinating my daughter's Halloween party at school.  I love to be busy, but this week will go quickly due to all of my commitments.  

I'm running out of crockpot recipes, so I am going to switch it up to some of our regular meals.  Today for dinner we are having one of my favorite comfort food recipes from my childhood:  Turkey Tetrazzini.  It is not a difficult recipe to put together and it tastes delicious, so it's a win-win in my book.  We will add some veggies, fruit, and my family's go-to, bread, butter and jelly.  Looking forward to tonight's meal!

Turkey Tetrazzini

1/4 lb. spaghetti noodles, broken into 2 inch pieces
1 jar Heinz turkey gravy
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 1/2 c. cubed cooked turkey (I usually get a 1/2 pound chunk at the deli)
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/8 t. pepper
1/4 c. parmesan cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.  Combine gravy and the next five ingredients.  Add spaghetti and mix well.  Pour into 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.  Sprinkle top with remaining parmesan cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbly.  Let stand five minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment