Friday, October 12, 2012

"Frightening" Friday Fun

My kids love Halloween.  Everyday someone asks me how many more days there are until the big day.  In order to pass the time and play off of their excitement, I've tried to provide some daily activity to celebrate the occasion.  So far they are enjoying the activities and my oldest guy has come up with some of his own he'd like to try over the weekend.

Thanks to the internet-age, we have access to hundreds of free printable coloring pages.  You can go to this website or this one to find great Halloween coloring pages.  There are many, many websites that provide these, so slip it into a Google search and choose what works for you.  My kids wanted to color a jack-o-lantern first, so that's what we did!


The Princess working hard on staying in the lines

Another favorite activity of my kids is creating a haunted house using some construction paper and Halloween stickers.  I drew the house for them and let them go to work!


The little guy enjoyed putting the stickers on


The finished products

I thought I'd be fun and find another way to incorporate Halloween into our day as well:  dinner!  For this dinner I made "Mummy" hot dogs, "witch's fingers," and "eyeballs."  The kids got a big kick out of it.  We have had some other fun dinners as well.  Kraft makes Halloween macaroni and cheese that the kids like and we also have made "Mummy" english muffin pizzas.  I'll post some more Halloween food ideas next week!


Place 1/2 slice of cheese on a crescent roll.  Add the "mummy" and roll 'em up!


Our "Mummy" Hot Dog, Eyeball, and Witch's Fingers dinner

Holidays are fun.  I'll share some more of our ideas and activities with you next week!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment