Monday, January 28, 2013

Comfort Food Monday!

Quick post today.  We have a lot of baking to do, but I am procrastinating.  Today I am focusing on breakfast foods to put in the freezer:  banana chocolate chip muffins, banana bread, and lemon bread.  I am so hungry and can't wait to dive into some of our goodies!

Given our dreary weather today, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite recipes from my childhood.  It doesn't look pretty, but it tastes delicious!  We always called it mashed potato casserole, but most know it as Shepherds Pie.

Shepherds Pie

1 pound ground beef
1 can tomato soup
1 can cut green beans
Cooked instant mashed potatoes (make amount to serve 4-6)
Shredded Colby Jack cheese

Brown ground beef.  In a bowl, mix ground beef, soup, and beans.  Put in casserole dish and top with potatoes.  Sprinkle cheese on top (the cheesier the better in my opinion!).  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to make this for the kids at work tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! - Miriam

    ReplyDelete