Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cranberry Chicken

I have been so thankful to be back near my parents again.  My mom has spent a lot of time at our house the past week, as I have not been feeling well with some pregnancy issues.  After some blood work and my routine trip to the doctor, we've come to the conclusion that I am having trouble with low blood sugar, iron, and blood pressure.  Add into the equation a teething toddler, illness, and many nights of little sleep and my body decided to let me know it had had enough!  Mom to the rescue!  She's spent many days and even a few nights here when my husband has been gone.  She's made us yummy food (homemade chicken soup...Yum!), grocery shopped, played with the kids, and helped pick up the house.  I could not be more grateful for all of her help.

This is also the reason my posts have been less frequent.  Today I thought I'd share a recipe with you that is one of my husband's favorites.  It's a nice twist on chicken and probably a recipe you haven't seen before!

Cranberry Chicken

1 8 oz. bottle Catalina salad dressing
1 16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Mix together salad dressing, cranberry sauce and soup.  Mix well.  Add chicken breasts and transfer to a glass baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes covered.  Uncover and bake 15-30 minutes more.

Usually we serve with this with a side of rice and spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment