Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Goal #3: Food Bucket List

I love to cook and bake for my family.  I also love to try new baking recipes and am always looking to add some new, no-frill meals to our dinner rotation.  Over the course of the year, I have added a handful of recipes, but I am always on the quest for more, especially those which are quick and do not contain a bunch of processed fillers.  

To support my love in the kitchen, I have created a food bucket list for 2013.  Currently, I have 20 items on my list but many of them are sweet treats.  Yesterday I focused on adding dinner meals and will continue to do so until the healthier options outweigh the unhealthy!  I must admit, though, there are so many delicious looking recipes out there for cupcakes, cookies, cakes, and candies these days, that it may be hard to do.  Lucky for me, my husband bought me a candy thermometer for Christmas, so I can test out some of these delicious treats!  I'll let you in on a few treats from the list:  salted caramel chocolate cupcakes, donuts, and crockpot lava cake.  Yum!! 

I hope to have success with my dinner recipes and will happily pass them along if I do.  Today I thought I'd share my recipe for lasagna.  I like to think of it as a "no-frill" lasagna, because there aren't many ingredients and you don't bake the noodles!

Lasagna

1 box Barilla no-cook lasagna noodles
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 jar ( 45 oz.) Prego
1 beaten egg
2 cups cottage cheese
3 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Brown meat.  Grease bottom of 9x13 pan (I have the best luck with a glass Pyrex pan).  Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.  Mix remaining sauce with meat.  Place noodles on top of sauce (I usually use 3 1/2) and top with half of meat mixture.  Repeat and finish with a layer of noodles.  Mix together beaten egg, cottage cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese and place on top of noodles.  Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  Remove foil and continue to bake 15 minutes or until bubbly.

*If you prefer, you could layer the cheese mixture as well, but I just add it all to the top and it works well!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment