Monday, March 4, 2013

Comfort Food Monday: No-Fuss Beef Stroganoff

We are preparing for another round of snow today and catching up from a very unproductive weekend since I spent the whole weekend down for the count.  While my kiddos seems to get sick often and spread their germs, I have been fortunate to escape many of their ailments.  Unfortunately, the stomach flu got the best of me this time.  It couldn't have struck at a worse time:  nearly 8 months pregnant and on the one night I actually had plans, fun plans, to see Maroon 5.  Oh well!  We were lucky that my parents were able to take our older two for the weekend and my husband had some serious one-on-one time with our youngest.  We made it work and now time will tell if my husband will be the only victim to escape!

I am freaking out a bit that our baby is scheduled to arrive in about a month, as we have a lot to do to prepare yet.  It is my goal to get some more things washed up this week and pull out some of the "gear."  Last week I had several boxes of diapers and wipes delivered (I love internet shopping!) and took some time to hit Babies R Us and Target to get some other essentials.  The nursery really needs to be painted soon so we can start organizing and putting everything together.  I know it will all work out. It would just be better if it were sooner rather than later!  With our first child, we had the nursery painted and started decorating by the end of the first trimester!  Funny how you don't have as much time when there are more kids running around (ha!).

Simple meals will be beneficial once the little one arrives.  One of my to-do list projects is to cook up a bunch of chicken, cube it, and freeze it for casserole recipes.  It is such a time-saver and really helps us eat some decent meals during the crazy transition time.  I also plan to bake some breakfast breads and muffins, so we can switch things up a bit.

Today I'd like to share a recipe for Beef Stroganoff.  It is very simple and one of my favorites!

No-Fuss Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms or use fresh
8-12 oz. sour cream
Egg noodles, about 3/4 package

Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain grease.  Add cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms (if using fresh, saute first) and simmer.  Add sour cream (make as saucy as you prefer) and turn down the heat to avoid scorching.  Stir until heated through.  Serve over hot egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment