Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The First Day of School

We've made it to the first day of school.  This has been a long, emotionally draining week as we have run into some difficulty with the school district's policies on peanut allergies, but we are working on it.  That post is for another day!

Today I'd like to share a fun back-to-school snack I did with the kiddos.  We got out some graham crackers, Golden Grahams, Oreos, and yellow frosting and created a school bus.  It's so easy, but the kids loved it.  I let them all spread their own frosting on, so that was a big treat!  Here's the process!




We sang "The Wheels on the Bus" to go along with our activity.  A yummy treat!

Here's my little guy on his first day of school!  Each year I plan to take his photo with a sign like this to keep track of the years!


No comments:

Post a Comment