Monday, August 20, 2012

Crocking Monday

My blog continues to be neglected and it makes me a bit sad.  It is for a good reason, though.  I'm spending hours and hours researching about how to advocate for my child and ensure that he will be safe while attending school.  This has no longer become just about us.  We are educating doctors on the law and will be taking this information to the school district next.  Mama's on another mission.  This will benefit many in the end!

Today is Monday, so that means sharing another crockpot recipe.  Given that football season will be upon us soon, I thought I'd share a recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork.  I have a few different recipes, but this was my original that has been a staple for our family birthday parties since we had our oldest guy's first party.

BBQ Pulled Pork

Pork Shoulder Roast (I use 4-5 lbs)
2 18 oz. bottles of BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory Brown Sugar)
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 medium onion, chopped (option, I do not use)

Cut as much fat as possible from roast.  Place the pork roast, lemon juice, brown sugar, and BBQ sauce in the crockpot and cook on low for 10-12 hours.  Take out of crockpot and shred.  Spoon liquid over top of pork until desired "sauciness" is achieved.  Serve with extra BBQ sauce.

This goes wonderfully with baked beans!    

No comments:

Post a Comment