Monday, August 27, 2012

Crocking Monday!

It seems that most people are in the full swing of school, so what better way to start out a busy week than with another crockpot recipe.  I found this Swiss Steak recipe on allrecipes.com when I was on my quest to find some new recipes.  While my picky kiddos didn't quite enjoy it, my husband and I sure did!  It's a nice hearty, healthy meal.  I hope you enjoy it as well!

Crockpot Swiss Steak
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 lbs. round steak, cut into small pieces
3 T. vegetable oil
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, shredded
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
2 T. brown sugar

1.  In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper.  Lightly coat the found steak pieces in the flour mixture.
2.  Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the celery, onion, and carrots about five minutes or until tender.  Remove from heat, and set aside.  Mix in the round steak pieces, and cook until lightly browned.
3.  Place vegetables and meat in crockpot.  Mix in the tomatoes with juice, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.
4.  Cover and cook on low8-10 hours until meat is very tender.

Serve with mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment