Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Different Take on Lasagna

Things are busy here today and with Dad out of town, I am thankful for a night of leftovers!  Today the little man and I spent the morning shopping.  Both of my older kids grew a considerable bit over the summer and I'm finding drawers filled with high-water pants and shirts that are not long enough!  I am happy to have found some great deals and feel better knowing that my oldest guy has a warm coat that fits.

One of our leftovers we are having tonight is Mexican Lasagna.  It has been a staple in our recipe rotation since we got married.  I am a Plain Jane and prefer to eat it as it is, but those of you that like "stuff" can jazz it up any way you like!

Mexican Lasagna

1 1/4 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
chili powder/garlic powder (to taste)
1/2 c. rice (cooked)
1 can petite diced tomatoes
2 cups cottage cheese
1 beaten egg
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
Large flour tortillas

Brown ground beef and add the taco seasoning, chili powder, and cooked rice.  Add tomatoes and a little grated cheese to the meat mixture.  Roll mixture up in large flour tortilla.  Place in greased 9x13 pan.  Combine cottage cheese, beaten egg, and grated cheese and put on top of tortillas.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.  Top with more cheese, tomato, lettuce, salsa, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment