Monday, August 19, 2013

Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry

We are back to school and so far, so good.  I have been doing my best to be organized in the kitchen:  planning meals a few weeks in advance, grocery shopping for those two weeks (except for produce and dairy), and also planning lunches for my little guy to take each day a few weeks in advance.  I am not letting him take jelly sandwiches every day.  In fact, we are on day #4 of school and he just took his first one!  I hope to be able to do a back-to-school post on lunches to send soon.  I'm still a work in progress in that department.

Last night we tried a new teriyaki marinade for our beef to make beef stir fry.  It was great and is definitely a keeper!  In keeping with our eating healthier plan and avoiding GMO products, we used organic canola oil and soy sauce.  As with any stir fry, you can throw whatever vegetables in there you'd like.  This time we added mushrooms, pea pods, bean sprouts, and carrots to go with the beef. Enjoy!

Beef Teriyaki
Source:  Pretty as a Peach (adapted)

1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/8 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. garlic (add more if you like)
1/4 t. ginger
1/3 c. pineapple juice
1 lb. flank steak

Mix together.  Cut up flank steak and place in a Ziploc bag.  Pour in marinade and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.  In a wok, heat oil.  Add carrots and cook about ten minutes.  Add mushrooms and beef.  Cook until meat is light pink.  Add pea pods and bean sprouts.  Cook a few minutes longer until they are to desired tenderness.  Serve over rice.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this very delicious recipe. Indeed, I really love cooking different stir fry sauce recipe but this time I want to try some different recipe. I will start with this recipe and I wish I can do this right. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete