Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Crocking Monday (a little late!): Crockpot Sloppy Joes

I am back to making a Crockpot meal on Mondays.  I'm trying new recipes as of late, so it's taking me an extra day to share those with you.  We love Sloppy Joes, but not all of the junk that is added in the canned mix. so yesterday I took a stab at them from scratch and they were delicious!  They could easily just be made in a skillet, but I browned my meat, put it in the Crockpot, and dumped in the rest of the ingredients so I could forget about it until dinnertime.  If you're family is larger and you like leftovers, I would highly recommend doubling the recipe.  I would say it makes 6-7 larger sandwiches.

Crockpot Sloppy Joes
Source:  The Happy Housewife

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion (I omitted)
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. prepared yellow mustard
3/4 c. ketchup
1 T. brown sugar
1 t. salt
ground black pepper, to taste

Brown beef.  Put in crockpot and add all other ingredients.  Cook on low for 4 hours.  Turn to warm until ready to serve.


Served with a side of Tator Tots...I LOVE Tator Tots!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment