Monday, May 20, 2013

Crocking Monday

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for food and I could eat it all of the trimmings all of the time!  When I had Baby #4, I requested a turkey dinner when we got home.  It was delicious!  To satisfy the cravings, I have incorporated some of the trimmings into my lunch menu.  One of my favorite things to eat is turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes.  Since I'm doing my best to eliminate dairy from my diet, this is one of my go-to recipes.  It's easy and quick if you make the turkey breast ahead of time, chop it up, and freeze it in portions.  I've been making my mashed potatoes with chicken broth instead of milk and it's been working out pretty well.  Here is a simple recipe to make a turkey breast in the crockpot!

Crockpot Turkey Breast

1 turkey breast (I've used bone-in, but can be boneless)
1 can chicken broth
Salt, pepper to taste
Seasoning to taste (Oregano, Poultry Seasoning, Rosemary, Sage); your preference

Place turkey breast in crockpot.  Pour in chicken broth and sprinkle in seasoning.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.  Chop up and eat how you desire.  Very tender!  You can save the broth, add flour, and make your own gravy.


No comments:

Post a Comment