Sunday, December 2, 2012

What's for Dinner?

What a busy weekend it's been, so we're making two dinners tonight:  one for my husband and I and one for the kids.  That leaves us with plenty of leftovers for tomorrow night and lunches.  It's one of those "take it easy" dinner weeks!  I love them, especially when they're budget-friendly, too.  

Here's our line-up for the week:  
Sunday- Vegetable Beef Soup and Spaghetti Pie
Monday- Leftovers (Woo-hoo!)
Tuesday- Taquitos
Wednesday- Fish sticks and fries
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner night:  french toast and scrambled eggs
Friday- Homemade pizza night
Saturday- Movie night:  popcorn and apples this week!

I thought I'd share the spaghetti pie recipe tonight.  I've made a different one for years (and will share another time), but this one makes a bit more!

Spaghetti Pie
(Adapted from the Happy Housewife blog)

1 box spaghetti noodles, boiled and drained
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use the medium-sized Prego jar)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese

Brown meat and boil noodles.  In a large bowl, mix together noodles, meat, sauce, and parmesan cheese.  Pour into 9X13 baking dish.  Bake covered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes uncovered.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment