Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Crafts

I've updated my Pinterest page with some new Christmas crafts for the kiddos.  I finally got around to making the felt Christmas tree and they made one round of ornaments.  It was a big hit!  We've also made a candy cane using cut up construction paper to glue onto a candy cane printout and a paper bag Santa Claus puppet.  They have loved playing with that!  I updated it, also, with our paper plate wreaths.  I am hoping to make some cute ornaments with craft sticks sometime soon to post.  They would make cute grandparent gifts!

Today I am trying a new sugar cookie recipe.  They are supposed to taste like the Lofthouse cookies you buy at the store, but due to our son't peanut allergy, we haven't had them in years!  I'm hoping they're close, because I love them and they would be so easy to do for any of the holidays!  If they turn out as I hope, I'll be sharing that recipe soon.  

The Princess has her first preschool holiday program tonight.  I'm not sure that she'll do anything but stand there, but it will be fun just the same.  I am making a very early dinner of BBQ chicken drumsticks in the oven.  They are pretty delicious!  Hope everyone is having a great week.  I'm sure you're busy getting everything done for the big day! 

Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks

Chicken Drumsticks
BBQ sauce
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Line a pan with parchment paper.  Place drumsticks on pan.  If desired, pat on olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Bake in oven without any sauce at 400 degrees.  After 20 minutes, brush on BBQ sauce (I normally use Sweet Baby Rays, but your favorite or homemade works!) and put back into the oven for 25-35 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.  Spoon or brush sauce every 5 minutes until done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment