Friday, December 7, 2012

One of My Favorite Cookies: Gingersnaps (Edited to Correct Error!)

Just a quick post today!  It's been a busy day picking up the house, cleaning, and wrapping presents.  These days everyone has decided to abandon their naps, so getting things done has become a little trickier!  Thankful there are a lot of cute Christmas shows on tv!

One of my favorite Christmas cookies are Gingersnaps.  I forgot them in my original list I posted earlier this week.  Usually either my mom or I bake them, so we'll see whose list it makes it onto this year.  I thought I'd share the recipe with you.  They are delicious and chewy (not crunchy!).  

Gingersnaps

2 c. flour
2 t. scant baking soda (just a little less than 2 t.)
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ginger
3/4 c. butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
*extra white sugar in a separate bowl for tops

Cream butter and sugars.  Add egg.  Mix.  Add dry ingredients and stir.  Mix in molasses last and stir until mixed well.  Roll into balls, roll in sugar, and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Flatten with a fork.  Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.  Remove from oven and let stand on the cookie sheet to bake a bit more to avoid getting too crispy (if chewy is what you desire).  You may need to tweak the baking time depending on your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment