Monday, December 31, 2012

A New Project!

2013 is almost upon us!  It seems unbelievable to me that another year has passed, but the saying, "The days are long, but the years are short" certainly holds true for me.  Soon my oldest will be turning six (yikes!) and we'll be adding another little one to the brood.  Our lives have really been nothing but chaos for several years, but I wouldn't change it for a thing.  With another year approaching, I've spent some time thinking about some improvements I'd like to make in many aspects of my life.  While not all are for sharing publicly, over the next week or so I will let you in on a few of my goals for 2013!

Today I am excited to share with you one of the biggest undertakings for 2013:  a kindness project.  At heart, I really have a passion for helping others and teaching our children the importance of service.  I know I have posted about this before, most recently in light of the tragedy that occurred in Connecticut, but I have decided to officially create a family service project for the upcoming year.  It has been affectionately been coined, "2013:  52 Acts of Kindness."  The best part?  We are inviting you and your family to join in on this wonderful adventure.  To make this project easy to follow, I have created a separate blog that I will update weekly, as well as a Facebook page to keep connected and to allow the ideas to flow.  

I know that we are all busy and feel like we have no time to take on one more thing, but think of how wonderful it would feel to focus on helping others once a week.  Your act of kindness doesn't have to take up a lot of time nor does it have to cost a lot of money.  There are thousands of ways to help others and choosing what to do will be part of the fun and challenge of this project.  Perhaps it will draw you closer to your family and make everyone appreciate what you have more.  

Make sure to check out the blog for the project, subscribe so you can follow along, and share your ideas either on the blog or Facebook!  Let's all work together to make a positive difference in our communities in 2013.  Happy New Year!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment