Thursday, December 20, 2012

More Time to Bake!

Since we had a snow day today, I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen baking some cookies that I hadn't planned to make!  I have to admit, my cookie stock this year is dominated by chocolate.  I'm going to make some gingersnaps and sugar lollipop cookies over the next few days to try to balance it out a bit.  I did finish up my Oreo Truffles this morning and just have to dip my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles later today.  On a whim, I made some Hot Cocoa cookies this morning.  It took a bit to get them right, but in the end they turned out mighty tasty!

Today I thought I'd share the Oreo Truffle recipe with you.  While they aren't difficult, they take a bit of time.  The chocolate dipping is always the most challenging part for me!  

Oreo Truffles

1 package regular Oreos
1 package cream cheese (I used the reduced fat and it worked fine)
1 package Bakers Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate

Twist open Oreos.  Scrape filling from the middle and put in a bowl.  Place cookies in a Ziploc.  Beat cream cheese and Oreo filling together until creamy.  Finely crush Oreo cookies in the Ziploc and add to filling mixture.  Mix together.  Roll into balls and chill for at least an hour.  (This time I chilled first and rolled into balls. If the other way isn't working, try that route!).  Melt chocolate per package directions.  Dip balls and place on wax covered cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.  Let set and refrigerate.  If you want to get fancy, you can reserve some cookies and sprinkle on top before chocolate is set or drizzle chocolate on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment