Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Another Dairy-Free Recipe

I'm still on the quest for some yummy dairy-free recipes.  This one I'll take credit for myself (which doesn't usually happen!).  It's pretty simple and my husband declared we could eat it every week.  Must have been good, right?

Awhile back I had purchased some Puff Pastry and threw it in the freezer.  A few weeks ago I decided it was time to pull it out and try something with it.  I also had some shredded rotisserie chicken in there as well that I had thawed, so I wanted to to use that up too.  I originally looked at recipes on puffpastry.com, but I couldn't quickly find anything that used my ingredients and didn't contain dairy.  I decided to try my own.  This is what I made!

Chicken and Mushrooms Wrapped in Puff Pastry

2-3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 package fresh mushrooms
Olive Oil
Chicken broth
Puff Pastry
Chicken gravy

Saute mushrooms in olive oil.  Add chicken and chicken broth.  Heat through.  I added enough broth to give it some liquid to juice up the chicken, but not too much.  Cover a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.  Unwrap one sheet of Puff Pastry and roll out a bit.  Place in jelly roll pan.  Using a slotted spoon, spoon half of the mixture into the middle of the pastry.  Wrap the outside around and pinch off the corners.  Repeat this with the other sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.  Let it cool a bit and slice it up.  Serve with gravy over the top.      

No comments:

Post a Comment