Friday, February 1, 2013

Spaghetti Meatballs

It's Friday!  It's freezing!  Today my sweet little girl has her surgery and Daddy will be taking her in while I stay at home with my boys.  This is going to be a hard morning for this mama, but it's what has to be done.  I've packed a fun little bag for her of books, favorite little stuffed animals, and a new My Little Pony she's been begging for.  I hope all goes smoothly and she isn't too afraid!

One of our favorite meals is spaghetti.  We make it often and though we haven't done it in awhile, it is fun to switch it up at times by omitting the meat from the sauce and making meatballs instead!  I haven't made these in such a long time that I think it's time to add it to the menu next week.  While I have always made these with ground beef, I'm sure you could substitute ground turkey.

Meatballs

1 lb. ground beef
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1 1/2 t. salt
1/8-1/4 t. pepper
1/3 c. water

Mix all ingredients together and form into balls.  Cook on stovetop in a pan with hot oil until brown and cooked through.  Serve over top of cooked noodles and top with spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment