Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer is for Grilling

All of the sudden time seems to be going really fast.  It's Thursday and I'm still stuck at least a day behind.  We've had a very busy week, though, so it definitely makes the time go faster.  We've been busy marking things off of our bucket list the past week.  The kids have had a lot of fun and we're over halfway there!  How is your summer bucket list coming along?

I have been slacking a bit in the meal preparation department.  Being unable to eat dairy really takes the fun out of cooking.  You have no idea how good pizza (with cheese!) sounds or some cold ice cream.  The things we do for our kiddos, right?  I don't want time to go quickly with her, so I will treasure the months ahead, suck it up and try to enjoy eating out of my comfort zone.

Tonight I decided to try something new for dinner:  a homemade chicken marinade that I found online. It was really quite simple and contains items you probably have in your pantry.  I used some of the new products I purchased that are part of our goal of cleaning up our food and limiting (ideally eliminating) GMO products:  organic canola oil and soy sauce.    The canola oil I purchased from Amazon and found the organic soy sauce at Target.  Since soy and canola are both on the high-risk list, I was pretty excited to find them!  I made this recipe for two chicken breasts, but it would easily work for four.  

Chicken Marinade
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar

Mix together with a whisk, pour over chicken, and let marinate for at least four hours.  Longer would be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment